My Version of Thai Beef Stir Fry with Basil & Chilli
Since the Thai restaurant near us has moved, I've been thinking of their spicy Thai beef stir fry with basil, until I can't take it anymore. If I can't get it without having to get out of home, I will try to make it myself since I do have some beef in the freezer.
The ingredients I've used are:
160g beef, thinly sliced
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
3 dried chillies, soaked, deseed and cut into small chunks
A bunch of basil, plucked (I haven't any Thai basil so I just made do with what I can get from my herb garden)
A generous sprinkle of ground coriander seeds
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark light sauce
1 teaspoon tapioca flour mixed in small bowl of water
- Heat a little oil in the wok on high heat, shallow fry the onion, garlic, coriander seeds and dried chillies for a few minutes till it's really fragrant.
- Add in the beef, stir fry for a few minutes till the beef is no longer red.
- Add in both types of soy sauce, stir well.
- Pour in the tapioca and water mixture, keep stirring till the gravy is a little translucent and shiny.
- Throw in the basil leaves, stir well till the leaves are soften then remove from heat.
- Serve with piping hot boiled rice.