Spaghetti with Roasted Vegetables & Feta Cheese
Some red bell pepper (capsicum) I'd chopped up and stored in the freezer for future use
A jar of artichoke in oil, which I took a few pieces from
1 onion, chopped into 1cm chunks
Spaghetti (remaining 1/3 of a pack)
HP Brown Sauce
Salt & pepper
Dried basil (home-grown and home-dried)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the usual instructions on the pack.
- Place the frozen bell pepper (do not defrost), artichoke and chopped onion in an oven dish wide enough to hold the vegetables in 1 layer (not stacked up). Dribble some cooking oil (I'm using rice bran oil) and a little splash of HP Brown Sauce over, mix well so that everything is evenly coated. It's easier to use a spray oil but I haven't any, so we'll live.
- Sprinkle some oregano and salt & pepper over, roast in the oven at 190ºC for about 20 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, drain the water and toss it with a little oil from the feta cheese.
- Put the roasted vegetables with the spaghetti, and finish with a little sprinkle of chilli flakes and dried basil.