Spicy Aubergine and Tofu Stir Fry
So I've gone for a spicy stir fry with seaweed tofu that I have in the fridge.
To pave the aroma and taste:
1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
A handful of dried shrimp, finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced ginger
The main characters:
1 medium round aubergine, cut into bite size
1 200g packet of seaweed tofu (or any firm tofu), cut into bite size
The seasoning and sauce:
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Heat oil in wok, brown onion, coriander seeds, dried shrimp and ginger for a few minutes, or till onion is caramalised.
- Tip in the aubergine and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add in a bowl of water, stir well and put the lid on.
- Turn the heat to medium and let it simmer for a few minutes till the aubergine starts to soften.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and chilli flakes and mix well. Now add in the tofu and put the heat back on high.
- Keep stir frying till the sauce is cooked down to the consistency of your preference. I like it quite dry.
- Heat off. Serve with hot rice.
Apart from the steps, one can really readjust the amount of spices and seasoning or the consistency of the sauce according to their taste buds. And of course, how hot can you handle? 😋