Fried ramen with Egg and shredded Vegetable
However, the lazy me is not ready to go through so much hard work just yet. Here's my very quick fix for fried ramen.
1 serving of Vit's fresh ramen,
1 egg, lightly beaten
A handful of shredded cabbage and carrot taken from a packet of coleslaw*
A tablespoon of light soy sauce mixed with 2 tablespoons water
Some ground coriander seeds
Some chilli flakes
A few sprigs of spring onion from the garden, roughly chopped
What I did in about 10 minutes:
- Pour boiling hot water over the ramen, fluff to loosen then drain and put aside.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Fry the egg on high heat, quickly cut into small pieces.
- Chuck in the shredded cabbage and carrot, stir fry with the egg.
- Add in the soy sauce mix, then quickly throw in the ramen.
- Stir and toss the ramen so that it is nicely coated with the soy sauce.
- Heat off.
- Whilst it's till hot, add in the coriander seeds and chilli flakes and mix well.
- Place into a serving plate and sprinkle the spring onion over.
*To make sure that I have vegetable sides regularly, I like to buy some pre-shredded coleslaw without the dressing, but I can never really finish whilst it's still fresh. using some of it to cook with fried noodles or fried rice seems to be a goos solution.