Low Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies with Glacé Cherries
Since the kind-of success of the Low Sugar Apricot and Almond Cookies and I have finished eating them, I've decided to do another lot of baking this weekend. This time with chocolate chips and glacé cherries, and double the amount.
200g unsalted butter, softened
70g soft brown sugar (I've used even less sugar this time, because chocolate chips and glacé cherries are both sweet ingredients)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoon lemon juice
260g plain flour
100g chocolate chips
80g glacé cherries, cut into tiny pieces
With the same method:
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon juice with a wooden spoon till creamy.
- Stir in the flour, roughly mixed, then add in the chocolate chips and glacé cherries At this point, start to mix the dough with hands till every bit in the bowl is well mixed in.
- Separate the dough into 12 similar-sized balls and flatten each one onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Place the whole tray in the fridge and chill for about 30 minutes. take it out to leave for a few minutes before putting it in the oven.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC, bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool completely on wired tray before eating or storage.
24 Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cookies ready for the cookie monster