Kiwi Upside down Cake in Ramekins
Ingredients I've used:
- 200g plain flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g unsalted butter
- 2 kiwi, sliced. Select equal-sized ones, and eat the rest
- 50ml golden syrup
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease the ramekins.
- Divide the golden syrup into each ramekin, heat in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and tilt the ramekins around to spread the syrup evenly, reaching the side.
- Place 1 slice of kiwi at the bottom of each ramekin. Put aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl till creamy and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together, then slowly fold in the flour and milk till the mix is smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix well. Divide the mixture into each ramekin, and level the surface. I managed to fill up 7 ramekins (3-inch).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or till golden. To test, insert a skewer into the centre. It should come out clean if it's done. Leave to cool in the dish for 30 minutes.
Served with even more kiwi fruit!