Use Up Those Leftover Egg White, Make Pancakes!
Thought I'd share his famous recipe with everyone. 😀😀😀
- 7-8 heaped tablespoons of Flour (7 oz)
- 2 egg Whites
- 1 egg (whole)
- 1 big mug of milk (375 ml)
- Add the flour, egg whites, egg and milk into a bowl and whisk it up, don't worry about the odd lump, just whisk it until most of them have gone. This method is pretty quick, and it produces authentic English pancakes.
- Heat up a pan, then turn it down to a medium heat. Add some vegetable oil, or unsalted butter. Gently move the pan around, slowly tip it a little bit from side to side to coat it with the oil.
- Scoop in some of the batter with a tea cup (about 1/2 to 3/4 of a tea cup for each pancake).
- As soon as you add the batter, move the pan around, gently tip it from side to side again, moving the batter around to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. It takes nearly a minute to cook one side, then flip it over with a spatula and cook the other side for about a minute.
- Pile the pancakes up on a plate. The ones on the top keep the ones on the bottom warm. Start the next pancake by adding oil or butter to the pan and repeat the process.
- Serve the pancake with lemon juice and sugar, syrup, jam, lemon curd, or kaya (Malaysian coconut jam).